When it comes to a perfect choice for the main course dinner, people often overlook cabbage. It’s cheap and satisfying, the best combination. The number of servings can vary based on the appetites of those you’re feeding while feeding this braised cabbage. This Steamed Cabbage With Red Potatoes and Smoked Sausage has to be one of the challenging meals I’ve ever had the pleasure of photographing, but please don’t let the looks fool you — this meal is insanely delicious. It’s filled with flavor, along with lots of potatoes, smoked sausage, and for the nutritious side, you can add spices and herbs. It needs only one pot and not too much time to prepare, but it takes a little while to cook for it. Most of the overall cooking time is hands-off, so you can make another dish, a side dish, the sauce, or just relax.
2 tbsp butter
(1) big onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
(1) large head cabbage, cut into wedges
(5) red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Add and melt butter in a Dutch oven and add onions. Saute until gentle.
2. Peel any or more of the potatoes, and cut in half or thirds. Pour 1⁄2 of water, then add sausage slices and potato chips.
3. Slice the cabbage into thick or thin pieces and leave out the hard white part of the cabbage. Place them in the bowl.
4. Cut the onions and put them into the put. Add and season with salt and pepper. Then steam for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables tenderize.
5. Cook on medium pressure, then blend and shrink to medium/low. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender. Leave the lid on, removing the cover only when cooking. If necessary, add water to keep it from burning, then stir occasionally.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.