Cabbage, potatoes, and smoked sausage are a great match and never more so than in this Steamed Cabbage with Red Potatoes and Sausage Skillet together. I made endless dishes combining these two ingredients, but I knew it needed to happen soon when I saw this simple recipe.
It highlights all the delicious ingredients about these three, without adding much more to the dish. Simple, most tasty form, it is steamed cabbage with red potatoes and smoked sausage. As a reward, it’s easy to throw this skillet meal together without much notice making it perfect for a busy weekend dinner. These three ingredients complement each other so beautifully that it doesn’t matter what else is there. When these three ingredients are cook together, the result is a meal that your family and friends will approve and request now and then. I like it so much that I have lost count of all the recipes I’ve made that contain some cabbage, potatoes, and sausage combinations.
2 tbsp butter
(1) big onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
(1) large head cabbage, cut into wedges
(5) red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Put the butter and melt it in a Dutch oven and add and saute onions until soft.
2. Peel some or all potatoes, then cut in half or quarters. Pour 1⁄2 of water and add sausage slices and a cube of potato.
3. Slice the cabbages into thick or thin pieces and leave out the cabbage’s hard white part, then place in the pot.
4. Split and put onions in the put. Season with salt and pepper. Then steam for 30 minutes, or tenderize until the vegetable.
5. Cook on medium heat, then mix and shrink to medium/low. Cook for 30 minutes until carrots and potatoes are tender. Keep the lid on, remove the cover only when stirring. Stir occasionally, if necessary, add water to keep it from burning.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.