For this recipe, the strawberries and cream cheese bits were put on a dough bed and then baked until the dough was cooked and turned brown. The bits of strawberries and cream cheese around it rose as the dough cooked it. It was a beautiful sight to witness. One thing that I found was too many strawberries and less crust. I’ll put fewer strawberries next time I do it so that I can enjoy more of the delicious crust. A slice of this strawberry cream cheese cobbler can be enjoyed either on its own or with a vanilla ice cream dollop.
I’m a big cobbler fan, and I had this insane idea to add to a cobbler a creamy dimension that would be ideal for spring or summertime. Lately, the berries were so sweet, so I figured that was a perfect starting point. This dessert is something that may seem bland at first glance. Yet, this Strawberries Cream Cheese Cobbler, I promise you, is anything but bland.
(1) stick ( 1/2 cup) butter
(1) egg, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(2) quarts whole strawberries capped and washed
(4) oz cream cheese, cut in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° C. Melt butter and pour into a baking dish of 9-by-13 “glass. Blend the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Pour straight into the baking dish over the sugar, but do not stir.
2. Stir in the strawberries, arranging as much as possible in a single layer. Sprinkle pieces of cream cheese over the strawberries.
3. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or bubble the edges until the top is golden brown. (Crust is growing up and around the fruit, but the fruit is still peeking from above.)
The layer of the cream helps cut back on the berries’ sweetness, so this is not a tooth-achingly sweet dessert. I thought it was perfect as it is, but if you want to add some extra layer of yum, try to put a vanilla ice cream scoop over the top.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.