Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking: 25 mins | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 24 | Yield: 24 muffins
These Strawberry Lemonade Muffins are loaded with a lovely lemony twist with sweet, juicy strawberries. It is a crowd-pleaser at all times; whip them as a brunch addition or take snack time to the next level. It will surely become a hit on any occasion you should try this and experience heaven on earth, with just one bite.
I am a huge fan of strawberries, any recipe with strawberries will certainly be in my lists of favorites. But I don’t like the smell of lemons, so knowing that this recipe includes strawberries and lemon is a jackpot for me. My family thinks that I will break my record of liking anything with strawberries, but they were shocked that I instantly took a bite and not say anything about lemons.
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
4 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp white sugar
(2 ¾) cups all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
¾ cup milk
½ cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven at about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
2. In a bowl, stir strawberries, lemon extract, and a tsp of white sugar.
3. In a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Pour the milk, oil, and eggs into the flour mixture and mix until the batter is well combined. Stir the strawberry mixture into batter. Then, in the prepared muffin cups, spoon batter.
4. In a preheated oven, bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to fully cool.
1. I love the softness of the strawberries as they bake and start oozing their pretty juices just a little. If you want you can add a small spoonful of strawberry jam and fill them up the rest of the way if you want a little surprise in the middle, you can fill up the muffin wells 2/3 of the way up.
Per Serving: 142.6 calories; 16.1 mg cholesterol; 230.2 mg sodium; 2.4 g protein; 21.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.