Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking: 25 mins | Total: 45 mins
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are great for spring and summer dessert, filled with cream and fresh diced strawberries. Irresistible, biscuit-like cookies have all the goodness of shortcake strawberry but in the form of cookies. A compact version of a classic dessert, full of fresh strawberry flavor, is sweet, tender, and soft cookies. These strawberry shortcake cookies taste more like bite-sized strawberry scones – soft and cake-like- cookies, but I loved them and believe they ‘d be great as part of a casual tea party.
As for me, the drawback of this recipe is that they don’t last long. As a strawberry lover, I can attest that this recipe is one of the best strawberry recipes I’ve ever done. Aside from the fact that it is delicious, strawberries are very nutritious. These powerful little packages protect your heart, increase HDL (good cholesterol), lower your blood pressure, and prevent cancer. Strawberries are a low calorie, sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free food filled with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high antioxidants, known as polyphenols. I’m sure your kids and even adults will love this recipe. Try this Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, and let your family enjoy this delicious cookie.
2 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven at about 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, a tbsp of sugar, and lemon juice.
3. In a big bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until the dough starts to assemble. Add strawberry mixture.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, on the non-stick baking sheets.
5. In the preheated oven, bake it until golden brown, for 23 to 25 minutes. Let it cool for a minute on the baking sheet before cooling down to a wire rack.
Per Serving: 78 calories; 1 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 69 mg sodium; 3.6 g fat; 10.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.