This Stuffed Pepper Casserole has all the wonderful aromas of regular stuffed peppers but turned inside out and made in one saucepan, minimizing the mess! Stuffed peppers have always been my favorite ever. The mixture of peppers, ground beef, and rice was just comfort to me growing up.
While this recipe for Stuffed Pepper Casserole is not short on ingredients, they are super easy to get and there is nothing special about this recipe. Usually, we packed our pantry and freezer with everything you need to make it possible! When the cravings for “stuffed pepper” set in, this is the perfect weekend meal.
1 lb ground beef
1 green pepper diced
1 red pepper diced
1 medium onion diced
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper
3 cloves garlic minced
2 cups beef broth
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup long-grain white rice
1-2 cups Colby Monterey Jack cheese
1. Put the sauce, peppers, oregano, salt, and pepper in a high-sided sauce and cook until the beef is pink and the vegetables are tender.
2. Add garlic and cook until aromatic for around 1 minute.
3. Stir and simmer the water, onions, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar.
4. Add the rice and mix tenderly, and mostly soak the juices, cover with the rice, and cook 20-25 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 cup of cheese from the oven.
6. Fill with the rest of the cheese and cover to melt.
7. Serve as needed with chopped parsley.
1. Use whatever color bell peppers you like, we prefer to use green and red, but have also used orange and yellow.
2. For this recipe we just want to use standard uncooked whole white rice, do not use rice immediately.
3. Either petite diced tomatoes or normal diced tomatoes can be used.
4. We love the flavor of the balsamic vinegar in the recipe, if you don’t have balsamic vinegar at hand, you can leave it out or sub for Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
5. Any cheese can be replaced by the Colby Monterey Jack, this has always been our preference to use wise flavor.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.