Taco Cornbread Casserole is gathered for a feast of Mexican spices, melty cheeses, and fresh salad and tomatoes in less than one hour. This recipe ensures that you spice up your weekly meal routine and excite the entire family again for dinner. Serve this recipe as salsa and savory cream to garnish or margarite pitcher to turn this dish into an authentic party. It is so simple as it is made of some ingredients purchased in a store and a large crowd can be feed. Therefore, if you have a big family, a bunch of friends or you need budget food, that will give you lots of leftovers, then this is a good dish to serve.
In this recipe, you can replace ground chicken or even ground turkey. I’m excited to share with you all this recipe. It’s coming together super quickly and your entire family’s going to love it. To make this to your liking, you can put different toppings. If you want a fast weekend meal, you can mix the taco meat before the meal is baked and just add the batter with the cornbread batter. This was good, either way, and both satisfy our cravings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 (8.5-oz) package corn bread/muffin mix
3 cups cooked taco seasoned meat
1 cup light sour cream
1 c Colby jack (cheddar or Mexican cheese), divided and shredded
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup shredded lettuce
1. In a large bowl, prepare your cornbread mix and follow the directions given in the box.
2. Spread into an 8×8-inch cooking spray saucepan.
3. Bake for 20 min in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
4. Remove from the oven corn and spread meat over cornbread.
5. Combine 3/4 cup sour cream with onion. Add the meat in the cornbread.
6. Bake until it is heated up and melted for 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the following: Tomato, lettuce, and 1/4 of a cup of cheese.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.