Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking: 40 mins | Additional: 1 hr | Total: 2 hrs 5 mins | Servings: 48 | Yield: 48 triangles
I admit that I am not a lemon lover, but this is an exception, it will captivate everyone. The addition of the lemon zest in both the crust and filling makes this dessert even more delicious and refreshing.
For the Crust:
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup butter, softened
For the Filling:
2 cups white sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
(5) fluid ounces fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and line with enough aluminum foil, leave it to overhang along with all edges for lifting the finished dessert from the pan. Grease the foil.
2. In a bowl, stir 2 cups of flour, a cup confectioner’s sugar, and a tbsp of lemon zest. Mash the butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbles; press into the bottom of the prepared dish.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
4. In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs until lightened in color.
5. In a bowl, mix white sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, and baking powder until no remaining lumps; beat it into the eggs until fully incorporated. Stir the lemon juice and lemon zest to the egg mixture; then, pour over the prepared crust.
6. In a preheated oven, bake it for 25 minutes until set in the middle, and the edges are slightly golden.
7. Cool the pastry in the pan until just warm to touch, dust with confectioner’s sugar, and cool completely. Lift the pastry from the pan by the foil and refrigerate until slightly firmed. Cut into 2-inch squares; halve each share diagonally to get triangles.
1. Store in the refrigerator with waxed paper between the layers.
2. For best flavor, make sure to squeeze fresh lemons; it does make a big difference.
Per Serving: 106.7 calories; 25.7 mg cholesterol; 43.4 mg sodium; 1.2 g protein; 16.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.