Prep time: 10 min | Cook: 1 hr 15 min | Total: 1 hr 25 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Are you looking for a great Calico Beans Recipe? Don’t look more because once you taste this Baked Calico beans recipe, you’ll know why everyone calls it the best calico beans casserole ever. This Calico Bean Casserole is so delicious. Calico Beans is a popular side dish, eaten in barbecues, family dinners, and potlucks. It is from a variety of different beans, and it is seasoned further with both bacon and ground beef. The sweet and tangy sauce’s flavourful ingredients give it a zesty smoky edge that goes well with a range of entrances from sloppy joes to grilled hot dogs, chicken, hamburgers, pork, steaks and more.
The ingredients and seasonings of the calico beans are different. Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients, and this recipe requires ingredients that you have probably already stored in a cabinet. There is space to adapt to your taste if you want a particular variety of beans. Try to make a version of this Calico Bean Casserole, don’t forget to enjoy it.
½ cup bacon, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
(1) (15 oz) can pork and beans
(1) (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
(1) (15 oz) can butter beans
(1) (15 oz) can lima beans, drained
½ cup ketchup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp mustard powder
½ cup chopped celery
1. Preheat the oven about 350 degrees F (175 C).
2. Add and place bacon and ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a four-quart casserole dish, add and mix the bacon, ground beef, pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, lima beans, ketchup, onion, vinegar, dry mustard, and celery.
4. Cover and bake for an hour.
If you want to feed a crowd, simply double your recipe, sit back and watch your guests eat the most delicious beans during a picnic or potlucks.
Per Serving: 434.5 calories; 38.2 mg cholesterol; 952.9 mg sodium; 22.3 g protein; 66.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.