I love baking, but in terms of baking cakes, I’m not confident. Don’t get me wrong I can bake mean cakes, but I still struggle with the icing part. The recipe is an exception from my struggle. I just fell in love with the cake. The more I look at it, it becomes more beautiful, and that’s why I’ve decided to make my version of this recipe.
This tasty, easy turtle cake is a huge success. Its rich caramel coating, fantastic cocoa frosting, and added pecans make it very delicious. Also, you can easily prepare this because it uses a cake mix. If you wish to cut back on time, you could use a bought frosting on the cake. It is like a sweet, rich pastry, almost like candy. Enjoy every bite with your family and friends.
1 cup of chocolate chips
2 cups pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 oz) bags caramels
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1 (18 oz) boxes of German chocolate cake mix
1. As directed, prepare a cake mix. In a 13×9 pan, pour 1⁄2 of the batter. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes bake at about 350 degrees.
2. Remove and let cool from the heat. Put caramels, milk, and butter in a double boiler and mix until melted continually.
3. Pour melted caramel over refrigerated cake.
4. Sprinkle the pecans & chocolate chips on top 1 cup.
5. Pour the remaining batter over the top and bake for a further 20 minutes.
1. Whisk the softened, unsalted butter at high speed for at least 6 to 8 minutes for best results, often scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl until the butter is fluffy and almost white. Only then you can start adding the rest of the ingredients.
2. If your buttercream isn’t getting voluminous and fluffy, your butter is too soft! Place the mixing bowl 20 minutes in the fridge then whisk again.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.