Prep time: 15 mins | Total: 15 mins | Servings: 18 | Yield: 1 9×13 inc dish
In this chilled, layered cake, angel food bits are overlaid with sweetened cream cheese, whipped topping, and strawberries in the glaze. It just takes you minutes to bring together for six ingredients. I get asked to bring this dessert to all those summer cookouts because, after a long day, it’s so sweet and refreshing. The creamy filling and fresh strawberries make out of this world this dessert. Also, strawberries provide an excellent source of vitamin C. Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds that can help cardiac health and regulate blood sugar.
Never judge food based on its appearance because you might find yourself clinging to it forever. This 15-minute Strawberry Angel Food dessert is one of those recipes that are not so pleasing to anyone, and some avoid it because of the appearance. But I find it pretty cute. But mind you, it tastes really good. It’s not a particularly heavy dessert, so after a heavy meal, it’s kind of fine. The creamy filling and fresh strawberries make out of this world this dessert. Also, strawberries provide an excellent source of vitamin C. Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds that can help cardiac health and regulate blood sugar. Enjoy this strawberry recipe with your family and friends.
(1) (10 inches) angel food cake
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
(1) (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
(1) quart fresh strawberries, sliced
(1) (18 oz) jar strawberry glaze
1. Crumble the cake over a 9×13 inch dish.
2. In a medium bowl, add and beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in the whipped topping. Mash the cake with your hands, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
4. Combine strawberries and glaze until the strawberries are evenly coated in a bowl. Spread it over the cream cheese layer, and chill until serving.
Per Serving: 260.8 calories; 27.4 mg cholesterol; 241.8 mg sodium; 3.2 g protein; 36.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.