You know that we love all the lemon desserts, and that’s better if they are super easy to make. In theory, this lemon cream dump cake checks every one of our checklists for a dump cake. It is fresh, with a flavor of citrus and cream cheese. It’s a dump cake with extra cream cheese. The taste for this addition is stronger. The creaminess of the cream cheese and the tartness of the lemon are present. The additional four ingredients add a sort of finesse, which gives more texture and flavor to the dish. Place the lemon pie in the bottom of your bowl, and then add half the cake mixture to it. You’ll want to cook your cream cheese and slice your butter thinly so that you can have coverage around your cake mix.
(1) (16 oz.) can lemon pie filling
1 (15 oz.) package yellow cake mix
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 c of unsalted butter, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F and lightly grease butter or non-stick spray on a square baking dish.
2. Pour the lemon pie filling into the bottom of the fat baking dish, make sure it’s spread on the corners.
3. Place the cubed cream cheese evenly on top of 1/2 cake mix, then sprinkle the remaining cake mixture.
4. Take pats of butter (as thinly sliced as possible) and place them on top of the cake mix in one layer, trying to cover as much of the cake ‘s surface as possible.
5. In an oven, bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and allow for 15-20 minutes to cool before serving.
Use the lemon cake mix option if you want a flavor burst. Duncan Hines is the best I have got. Indeed, every mix I use is 99% of the time. If you want a smoother lemon flavor, you can otherwise use a yellow cake mix. The yellow cake mix was the original recipe, but you can use lemon.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.