Prep time: 30 min | Cooking: 1 hr | Additional: 3 hrs | Total: 4 hrs 30 min | Servings: 18 | Yield: 1-9×13 inch cake
Remember when you were a kid, those yummy treats on a stick? Outside, frozen orange and inside, creamy vanilla? Well, here’s a cake that tastes like those fine treats. This simple orange cream cake is a perfect addition to all your summer parties. A gorgeous vanilla cake that explodes with an orange flavor and is topped with a fluffy orange and cream frosting that nobody can resist. Serve this with grilled chicken or our favorite salad with broccoli.
Some of the best things about this recipe for the orange cream cake are that in the actual cake, you get a nice contrast in colors. How? By using Jello. Poke cakes are a great way to add a bright color to any cake, and of course, flavor it. It’s super easy to do, and also makes the cake extra moist. Enjoy this 6-Ingredient Orange Cream Cake with your loved ones.
1 (18.25 oz) package of orange cake mix
2 (3 oz) packages orange-flavored Jell-O® mix
(1) (3.5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
(1) (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In a 9×13 inch pan, bake the cake as directed. Use a meat fork to poke the holes across the top of the entire cake when done. Let it cool.
2. Mix a box of gelatin, a cup of hot water, and a cup of cold water in a medium bowl.
3. Add and pour it over the top of the cake and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Mix the remaining box of gelatin, pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract, mix well. Fold the whipped topping into the mixture, and spread on top of the cake. Let it chill in the refrigerator until serving.
If you can’t find an orange cake mix, use a lemon cake mixing pack and add a small envelope of orange mixing powder.
Per Serving: 223.7 calories; 1.7 mg cholesterol; 307.6 mg sodium; 2.7 g protein; 38.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.