This pie has the filling and whipping cream that we love, and the chocolate cookie crust is out of this world. Just make sure the cookie crust is pre-boiled, so it stays sweet and crunchy. The pie comes together in only 20 minutes but cooks it in advance because it takes time to chill out. We use a mix of new and store-bought whipped cream to add even more deliciousness to this dessert. When we need a chocolate pastry fix, this is a great go-to solution. We know your whole family will fall in love with this delicious treat.
I love the crunchy and toasty graham cracker crust under the silky and smooth chocolate pudding layer in particular, always a fan of the texture. Speak about a pie in a dream. It is just good, simple, can’t-go-wrong, everyone-loves-it, super-easy-to-make, was-around-for the time being, chocolate pie with a pudding filling and my beloved could eat a slice of it, every day of his life and never get bored. You can customize your pie by adding other ingredients like berries. Even a pie-hater would enjoy a luxurious pastry.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND PIE FILLING
1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 1/8 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
3 Cups milk
3 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp good vanilla extract
TIP: Top with sweetened whipped cream
1. Add and mix all of the dry ingredients in a saucepan, whisk well.
2. In the pan, gradually add the milk to the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth and combine.
3. Cook over high-heat medium, for a minute. Stir and allow it to boil.
4. Remove from the heat. Add and whisk butter and vanilla, stir until combine.
5. Pour into serving dishes, or 9 inches cooled bake pie crust. Use a plastic wrap to cover the dish. Cool for 4 to 6 hours until firm. Sprinkle with chilled sweetened whip cream on top, serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.