Prep: 15 min | Cook: 1 hr | Additional: 10 mins | Total: 1 hr 25 min | Serving: 8 | Yield: 1 8×11-inch dish
Country breakfast in most countries is a complete breakfast often consisting of eggs, different meats, and usually one sort of fried potatoes – hash browns, home fries, potatoes O’Brien, or potato pancakes – and some kind of bread or toast. … Bacon, Canadian bacon, breakfast sausage, and ham are common breakfast meats in entire America.
My mom used to serve this during the family day because she wanted us to enjoy everything we love to eat during breakfast. It is a one-dish casserole, with all your favorites on Sunday morning. I remember waking up every Sunday morning with the smell of this casserole, and I tell you it was the best morning of my life. Try this recipe for this Country Sunday Breakfast Casserole, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (16 oz) package Pork sausage, fresh, raw
(1) onions, spring or scallions, kindly include tops and bulb, raw
(1) (16 oz) package Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns Potatoes
2 cups Cheese, cheddar
(6) egg, whole, raw, fresh
(1) cup milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
(1) (2.64 oz) package Gravy, Nestle, Trio Country Gravy Mix, dry
(1) pinch Spices, paprika
1. Preheat oven to about 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8×11-inch baking dish.
2. Cook and stir breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Add and mix green onion into sausage and spread mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the hash brown potatoes in a layer over sausage; add Cheddar cheese on top.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and gravy mix in a bowl until smooth; pour over casserole. Add and season with paprika.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it until a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean for an hour. Let it stand 10 minutes to firm up before serving.
Per Serving: 377.2 calories; 204.1 mg cholesterol; 790.3 mg sodium; 21.7 g protein; 13.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.