This meatloaf recipe is the perfect recipe for a tender, juicy, and flavorful meatloaf! And it is very easy to make.
How to make the best meatloaf. Some key points to remember: Do not over mix, you want your meatloaf to be tender, not dense or tough. So mix just until the beef and other add-ins are combined. Use lean meat only (we don’t want our meatloaf swimming in grease) but not extra lean. We still need those fats for flavour. Cook using a baking sheet because with loaf pan you’ll get steam, and there is nowhere for the drippings to go. Finally, once done and out of the oven, the meatloaf should rest first so the juices will be redistributed and it won’t fall apart.
Cooking time. It depends on the shape and size of the meat. I would suggest using a meat thermometer because it is your best bet to make sure your meatloaf is cooked through and still perfectly tender. All you need to do is insert it into the centre, the internal temperature should read 160 degrees F.
This is a guide that you can follow for how long you should cook your meatloaf.
For a 2lb meatloaf, you can bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
1lb meatloaf – bake for 45 minutes
2 lb meatloaf – bake for 55 minutes
3lb meatloaf – bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes
The Meatloaf Sauce. It is zesty, tangy, and sweet. Even with the chilli sauce is not spicy at all!
Now, let’s start cooking!
3/4 c milk
3/4 c Italian breadcrumbs
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 c onion diced
1 Tbsp. chilli sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
1/2 c chilli sauce
1/2 c ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, optional
1. First, prepare the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F. Using a cooking spray, spray foil-lined baking tray. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Mix the ground beef, onions, 1 tbsp of chilli sauce, Italian seasoning, and parsley until just combined.
4. On the prepared baking tray, form an 8 x 4-inch loaf and bake for 40 minutes.
5. For the sauce, combine the chilli sauce, ketchup, and brown sugar (optional). Spread the mixture over the meatloaf. bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and the meatloaf (using a meat temperature) reaches 160 degrees F.
6. Before slicing, allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.