These deliciously spiced cinnamon apple scones will give you a big falling sensation. They are juicy and buttery, with crunchy ribs and soft, fluffy cores. The best finishing touches are crunchy coarse sugar and salted caramel. Nothing is homier than a fresh, baked scone. I like the scent of apples and cinnamon, whether it’s in a pie or these beautiful scones.
For the Scones:
(1) large egg
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
(1) medium apple
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
5 tbsp cold butter
Optional: For Cinnamon Glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp water
1. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees. Clean the apple, cut it into pieces, and cut any bit of the core off. To slice the apple using a box grater or a large-hole cheese grater.
2. Whisk the milk, apple sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and sliced apple together in a small dish.
3. Stir the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger together in a separate, large bowl. Add the butter, then work it into the flour until it resembles coarse, damp sand.
4. Add and pour into the large bowl the cup with the flour and butter that holds the apple egg mixture. Mix until a dough shape, and there is no dry flour left in the bowl.
5. Turn out the dough onto a slightly blurred surface and shape it into a 1.5-inch, 6-8-inch disk (spray more flour on your hand and dough surface, if required). Cut it into eight wedges.
6. Place the cut scones on top of a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake the scones in a completely preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or just slightly brown. Allow the scones to completely cool
7. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and water together to create a glaze until it becomes a thick paste. When the cooling of the scones is complete, drizzle the glaze.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.