This cake has been the highlight of my day! I baked this today and I could not believe that it was a success!
I just learned about this recipe 3 days ago and it was love at first sight. I don’t know if it’s just me but this was the first time that I tasted this kind of cake. Well, my friends gave me Apple pecan cake before but I was hesitant to eat it for some reason. but now, I don’t know why I took this for granted before. It is amazing! Try this recipe today and for sure you’d be amazed too!
1 1/2 c. cooking oil
2 c. sugar
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups of Granny Smith apples, approximately 3-4 apples, peeled, chopped in small pieces
1 c. pecans, chopped small
3/4 cups butter 1 1/2 sticks
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PECAN CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
1. Ready the oven then preheat to 325 degrees.
2. Add in eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl. Stir until well-mixed and creamy looking.
3. Whisk in together baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Add into the egg mixture.
4. Add the vanilla into the mix and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Add the apples and pecans into the mixture.
6. Apply grease and flour on the tube pan or two loaf pans and pour in the batter.
7. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 325 degrees. at 50 minutes, check the doneness by pinching a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready.
For making the glaze:
1. Turn the heat to low and melt the butter in a small pan.
2. Add in milk and brown sugar and stir.
3. Let it boil while on low heat then simmer while stirring.
4. Keep stirring while boiling for 10 minutes
5. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla. Stir until well-mixed and let it cool.
6. Top the cake with glaze once it is cool.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.