Apple Pie Cake

by 247tasty

Prep time: 30 mins | Total time: 1 hr 35 mins | Servings: 12

This apple pie cake deserves a very big applause. This is perfect for cake and pies lovers that want the best of both worlds in one dessert. Serve a slice of this moist sheet cake with apple-pie goodness with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a dreamy dessert that you’ll crave again and again!



1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1/2 c. butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp salt

Apple Mixture:

1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
6 apples, peeled, thinly sliced


3 Eggs
1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
1/3 c. oil
1 1/3 c. water

How to make Apple Pie Cake

Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F. If using a dark or nonstick pan, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Using a baking spray, grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch pan, then dust with flour.

Step 2: Place the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well. Then, cut in the butter using a pastry blender or fork until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.

Step 3: Gently whisk the apple mixture ingredients (ground cinnamon, brown sugar, lemon juice, and apples) in a large bowl and set aside.

Step 4: Place the cake ingredients (eggs, cake mix, oil, and water) in a large bowl. Beat using an electric mixer for about 30 seconds on low speed, then for another 2 minutes on medium speed, occasionally scraping the bowl.

Step 5: Into the pan, pour the cake batter and evenly arrange the apple mixture over. Lastly, sprinkle the topping on top.

Step 6: Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven when done and let the cake cool for about 2 hours.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 400, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat17g25%, Saturated Fat7g35%, Trans Fat0g, Cholesterol65mg22%, Sodium390mg16%, Potassium140mg4%, Total Carbohydrate60g20%, Dietary Fiber1g6%, Sugars36g, Protein3g, Vitamin A6%, Vitamin C2%, Calcium10%, Iron8%

Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.

Share to your social media accounts!

Send this to a friend