Prep time: 15 min | Cook: 1 hr | Total: 1 hr 15 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
This easy to make Broccoli-Cheese Casserole recipe is creamy, savory, and all kinds of delicious. The traditional combination of broccoli and cheese is the perfect vegetarian dinner or side dish for a tasty comfort food anytime you want it to be. Other dishes make a daily appearance on our dinner table, and one of those dishes is the Awesome Broccoli-Cheese Casserole.
There’s just something about cheese broccoli, and it’s a classic combination of flavors that even the most staunch veggie haters can’t resist. My favorite casserole of all time could be this broccoli and cheese casserole, what’s not to love about broccoli and creamy cheese sauce?
(1) (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
(1) egg, beaten
¼ cup onions, chopped
(3) (10 oz) packages of frozen chopped broccoli
(8) ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
(1) dash paprika
1. Preheat the oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk condensed soup, mayonnaise, egg, and onions.
3. Add and place frozen broccoli into a large mixing bowl. (For me to mix the recipe well, I like using my large stainless steel bowl). Break up the frozen broccoli. Use a rubber spatula to scrape soup-mayonnaise mixture on top of broccoli and mix well. Sprinkle on cheese, and mix well. Spread the mixture into a prepared baking dish and smooth the top of the casserole. Add and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
1. Make sure to use a sharp Cheddar Cheese for a good full flavor.
2. Keep the contents in the baking dish if your baking dish comes with a lid; cover with the lid and hold in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also store and refrigerate the casserole in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 386.7 calories; 63.5 mg cholesterol; 618.7 mg sodium; 11.3 g protein; 9.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.