Prep: 20 min | Cook: 1 hr 45 mins | Additional: 20 min | Total: 2 hrs 25 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 1 9-inch quiche
What else is there to say about quiche than I pretty much love it all. A traditional dish made popular in the 1970s is so basic, but it does have the potential to be the star of an elegant brunch or a fast mid-week dinner. To begin with, I’m a fan of eggs, and when you pair them with salty bacon, sweet caramelized onions, and Cheddar cheese, it’s like I’ve died, and I’ve gone to heaven. I like imagining a paradise where it serves bacon at every meal.
(4) slices bacon
(1) (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
¼ cup butter
(1) medium onion, finely chopped
(1) egg, beaten
(2) eaches eggs
(1 ¼) cups sour cream
¼ cup cream cheese softened
¼ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 10 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
3. Roll out the pastry crust into a circle using a lightly floured rolling pin. Line a 9-inch pie pan with crust. Prick the holes into the base of the dough using a fork.
4. Bake the crust for 15 minutes in the preheated oven on the middle rack.
5. Remove pastry crust from the oven. Brush the crust with a beaten egg. Move the crust back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in onion. Cook and stir onion until softened and turned translucent about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 40 minutes more.
7. In a bowl, whisk (2) eggs using a fork. Add sour cream and cream cheese and beat using an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in salt and pepper.
8. Spread the caramelized onions with remaining butter onto pastry crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 the Cheddar cheese. Place crumbled bacon evenly over the top. Pour egg mixture over bacon. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
9. Bake quiche oven until golden and fluffy, about 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 389.8 calories; 123.5 mg cholesterol; 505.6 mg sodium; 11.3 g protein; 13.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.