We ‘re still down for cheeseburger bacon, but when we figured out a way to turn the dish into a tasty casserole with tater tots included, we were addicted. This delicious casserole might be a guilty pleasure, but it lets the entire family appreciate a wonderful meal, even you because it’s so simple. And the sky’s the limit, and you can add toppings of your choice. After baking, we added pickles, but you can add tomatoes, lettuce, or anything else that your heart wants. This Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is sure to satisfy the whole family. If you were to spice it up, you might even add some tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and onions to the mixture. For a potluck, this will be great. I guess it’d be great for this fall too.
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 (3 oz) package real bacon bits
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (32 oz) package frozen tater tots
(1) can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 cups sour cream
Bread and butter pickles, for topping
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 dish with a non-stick spray.
2. Drain the oil in a big, brown-colored ground-hamburger bowl.
3. In a big mixing bowl, add the hamburger, sausage, cheddar, potato tots, cheddar sauce, and sour cream until combined all over.
4. Spread the mixture onto the heating platter, then ready for 45-50 minutes or until it bubbles.
5. Serve it with pickles.
1. You can use turkey bacon.
2. You can use sour cream with a low-fat base.
3. You can prepare the casserole beforehand and then refrigerate or freeze later.
4. Upon frying, you need to add a few minutes to the cooking time to bake casserole.
5. After freezing, prepare the casserole thaw as directed above.
6. After freezing, thaw completely to reheat the casserole. Cover with foil in aluminum and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until heated.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.