A delight for meat-and-potato lovers — tasty meatloaf filled with cheesy mashed potatoes.
2 lb ground beef
1 cup onion, diced, sauteed
3 cloves garlic, minced, sauteed
1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup milk
½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 ½ cups ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
¼ cup tomato paste
For Mashed Potatoes:
1 lb peeled Yukon gold potato, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 cup milk
28 slices bacon, sliced
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Mix the steak, fried onions and garlic, parmesan, bacon, panko, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, butter, and parsley in a big pot. Set aside.
3. In another cup, add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, onion powder, paprika, and tomato paste to make the glaze. Reserve half the glaze in a different bowl after the preparation of the meatloaf. Set aside.
4. Mash cooked potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, milk, and parmesan in a large bowl to achieve desired consistency. Set aside.
5. Fill a bundt pan with slices of bacon and spread a coating of glaze on the interior of the bacon using a pastry brush.
6. Add 2⁄3 meat to the bottom of the pan, stretch the sides and center of the pan and make a bowl for the mashed potatoes.
7. Add the mashed potatoes in the bowl, then smooth out. Use the remaining meat to top the mashed potatoes, smooth out, cover with the raw meat glaze on top and fold the bacon slices over the top of the meat. Cover and bake with foil for 1 hour. After 30 minutes remove the foil and carefully drain some of the fat before putting it back in the oven.
8. Place on top of the bundt pan a cooling rack and turn over to a baking sheet.
9. Remove the bundt pan, and cover the reserved glaze with the meatloaf.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.