There’s nothing better than pulling out a piping hot baking dish from the oven that’s packed to the brim with a tasty, warm-up meal. When you cover it with proteins, vegetables, and starches, Finish the process by placing it on the table and spoon it onto your pan. This baked chicken dish may seem easy at first, but it’s not that fast to judge; it’s full of spinach and potatoes, and it’s finished off with a decadently creamy, herbed parmesan garlic sauce that bumps up several notches of the whole dish – and if you sneak a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce when no one watches, no one is going to be the wiser.
(6) bone-in chicken thighs, optional: skin-on
1 lb baby Dutch potatoes, halved or quartered
3-4 cups baby spinach, chopped
4 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
To taste: use Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Fresh parsley, optional
For the Sauce:
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
(4) cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1. Preheat stove with butter or non-stick spray to 400o degrees and lightly oil a 9×13-inch heating dish.
2. Dissolve two tablespoons of butter over medium to high heat in a large pot or skillet, and sauté until wilted. Then take it off heat.
3. For the sauce: lower to medium heat, and add butter to the skillet. Include sliced garlic and cook 2 minutes, often blending.
4. Put in the flour and cook for a minute or until roux is thick and brilliant brown color, then gradually lay in thighs of chicken until mixed.
5. Add and mix in parmesan cheddar and butter, and cook in basil, oregano, thyme for another 5 minutes, or until thickened. Now, season with pepper and salt.
6. Add and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, as well as Italian flavoring, and place in the dish.
7. In your preparing dish, place chicken-thighs skin side-up, at that point top with sauteéd spinach and potatoes. Top with creamy sauce, then put in stove and heat for 25 minutes at that level, or until the chicken cooks.
8. Remove from the stove and serve hot.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.