Total: 45mins | Serving: 6
This healthy recipe blends two favorite food bars — fried zucchini and curly fries — in a tempting box. For a crowd-pleasing appetizer or a side dish for burgers, chicken or pizza, serve these baked zucchini fries with a simple dipping sauce made with ranch dressing and marinara sauce. These are a healthy way to eat more vegetables for children and adults alike, no matter what you feed them. Try this recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini Curly Fries. Don’t forget to enjoy it with your family and friends.
¼ cup cornstarch
(4) large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
¾ ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (see Tip)
1 ½ tsp dried oregano
12 ounces spiralized zucchini noodles (see Tip)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup light ranch dressing
¼ cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Prepare by line (2) baking sheets with parchment paper, then coat with cooking spray. Add and place cornstarch in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a separate shallow dish. Stir together panko, Parmesan, and oregano in a third shallow dish.
2. Chop zucchini noodles into 5- or 6-inch-long pieces. Work in batches, dredge the noodles in the cornstarch and shake off excess. Dredge in egg whites, and shake off excess. Then, dredge in panko mixture, and shake off excess. Arrange the noodles, well spaced apart, in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Coat with cooking spray.
3. Bake until golden and crispy for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and then sprinkle with salt.
4. Add and combine ranch and marinara in a shallow bowl. Serve alongside the fries.
1. Use a medium box grater holes to grate Parmesan thinly (you should get around 1/4 cup).
2. Check the food section for a pack of fresh zucchini noodles, or make your zucchini noodles; you’ll need around (3) medium or (2) large zucchini for 12 ounces of noodles.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 4 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium. 240 mg potassium; 17.6 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g fiber; 2 g sugar; 6.3 g protein; 101 IU vitamin a iu; 2 mcg folate; 48 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 4 mg magnesium; 3.6 g total fat; 0.7 g saturated fat
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.