Prep time: 30 min | Cook: 30 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 10 | Yield: 10 mini sliders
When I host a party, these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are one of my go-to recipes. These morsels are always a pleasure for the crowd and will soon disappear at your next meeting. These sliders take everything so good about the sandwich and turn it into mini portions. It is great for family gatherings or parties.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pound beef (top) sirloin steaks
(1) pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
(1) pinch cayenne pepper to taste
½ cup diced onion
(10) eaches mini sandwich rolls
½ cup chopped pickled peppers
½ cup cream cheese softened
2 ½ cups freshly shredded provolone cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add and season the steak with salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Sear steaks for 5 to 6 minutes and flip, then add diced onions to the sides. Cook until steaks begin to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes more. Push onions under the steaks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until browned but still crunchy. Remove steaks to a plate.
2. Preheat the oven about 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3. Add and place rolls on a baking pan lined with foil. Hollow the top of each roll out by cutting in at a 45-degree angle. Pinch off some of the bread inside to make room for the filling.
4. Slice steaks into thin strips, then across into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the sauteed onions and accumulated juices. Toss in pickled peppers, cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups provolone, a tsp of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add and season with salt as needed. Spoon the filling into the rolls and add the remaining provolone cheese on top.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and edges of the rolls are starting to brown for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
It works for some mini rolls or crusty unsweetened dinner rolls you want.
Per Serving: 297.6 calories; 63 mg cholesterol; 629.8 mg sodium; 18.3 g protein; 11.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.