This filled cabbage roll is a cool-filled, rice, and beef leaves, covered in a homemade tomato sauce and perfectly cooked. A classic comfort that is warm, tasty, and easy to make. The magic of cabbage rolls is that the meat and the rice are cooked in the cabbage. Do not use the outermost leaves of the cabbage — they have not so much moisture to ensure even cooking. Do not forget to cover a foil of the baking dish, too. I have eaten stuffed cabbages since I was a child and worked for a long period on this recipe for the ultimate rendering of chops. Serve your stuffed cabbage rolls and broccoli. Try this recipe and enjoy this healthy meal with your family and friends.
2 heads of cabbage
2-pound ground beef (or veal/beef/pork mix)
3 cups cooked rice
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp parsley
2 slices diced onion
1 -15 oz. can tomato sauce
1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato sauce (in meat)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Put the cabbage head in a boiling pot of water and remove the leaves of the cabbage one by one.
2. Cut the rough section off at the end of the cabbage leaves with a sharp knife
3. Mix all the ingredients, excluding the 15 oz. of tomato sauce and crushed tomato, add a small amount of sausage (size of saucers) to the cabbage leaf. Roll up like a fajita and put seam side down in casserole dish. On a casserole dish,
4. I put tomato sauce and a cabbage leaf or 2 so that the Halupky will not scorch.
5. Pour over the crushed tomatoes in the Halupky.
6. Cover and bake at 375 degrees about 75 minutes. Turn down the heat about 325 degrees and bake until the cabbage is tender for about 90 additional minutes, baste for every hour.
7. I recommend serving with tomato sauce
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.