The tiny strawberry contains vitamin C, protein, antioxidants, and more. The strawberry’s heart-shaped silhouette is the first hint this fruit is good for you. Those potent little packets protect your heart, increase cholesterol HDL (good), lower your blood pressure, and protect against cancer. When you use a store-bought pie crust, you don’t have to bake it. It is so simple to make the strawberry pie look as good as that. It is a perfect recipe for using strawberries.
This strawberry pie is so delicious that you are going to make it over and over when they are in season. A strawberry filling that is simple to make chock full of berries is suspended in a crisp butter crust and overlapped with lots of whipped cream. It’s the best and so refreshing. The fresh strawberry pastry is a must make in the season when there are berries in there. You will love the perfectly sweet filling in a flakey, homemade butter crust, with tons of fresh strawberries. Serve it with a big whipped dollop of cream, and you’ll be in heaven.
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
1/2 pkg. strawberry gelatin
(1) baked 9-inch pie shell cooled
1. Add and blend the corn starch and the sugar. Combine the water in a saucepan. Cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until thick. Take off from the heat
2. Add some gelatin. Remove until dissolved.
3. Add and mix the berries in gelatin before sticking them in the pie case. Pour into pastry shell
4. Let it chill out for 2 or 3 hours. Top with whipped garnish.
1. Since we use fresh berries in this recipe, it is best to refrigerate even though you can leave it out for several hours at room temperature.
2. If the dough looks crumbly after adding the water, then place a spoonful in your hand palm and squeeze together. If it forms a clump, it’s all right. If it is still a crumbly mess, add a few more ice water tbsp.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.