How are you? I hope you’re doing great! Once again, here I am sharing another recipe for you. I hope you like biscuits. Well, who doesn’t? This is one of my favorite treats to make for my kids. You might put on a lot of work for this but I promise it’s gonna be worth it! So, what are you waiting for? Put on your apron and awaken the pastry master inside of you! Have fun baking!
2 cups Flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk, cold
1/3 cup sugar
5 tablespoons of butter (cold or frozen)
1 teaspoon salt
3 ounces blueberries, fresh or dried
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Prepare the oven. Preheat to 450°F.
2. In a medium bowl, add salt, flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add cold milk to incorporate all the ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
3. Break to chunks the hard butter and spread gently and evenly on top of the dough as it starts to take form. Fold the dough and knead. Do this repeatedly until the dough is covered with butter. Then, gently fold the blueberries.
4. Sprinkle flour to your cutting board to prevent from sticking out. Then, move the dough and roll flat about 1/4 – 1/2 thick. If you prefer, you can make it thicker.
5. Cut about 6 blueberry biscuits with a cookie cutter.
6. At this point, the butter may start to melt. If this happens, put the dough back to the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Do not prolong the dough in the freezer. The baking powder may become inactive if it exceeds 20 minutes.
8. Bake in the oven for about 7-12 minutes.
9. Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter.
10. Use a pastry brush to paint the biscuits with the melted butter.
11. In a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients and sprinkle Blueberry Biscuits using a fork.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.