Prep time: 30 min | Cook: 10 min | Total: 40 min | Servings: 10 | Yield: 10 servings
If you’re in the not-so-sure-about-broccoli camp or cooking for someone who wants more vegetables but is less than enthusiastic about the prospect, this is your recipe. Broccoli Cheese bites make perfect finger food for holiday or game day parties. Use them as a snack after school, and your children will think you ‘re the best parent ever. Broccoli cheese bites are often the perfect snack for kids. You can quickly chill or freeze a batch or two ahead, then heat up in the microwave when ready to serve.
5 cups vegetable oil for frying
(1) (16 oz) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in deep-fryer to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Put the broccoli in a medium saucepan with a cup of boiling water. Return to a boil. Cook covered until firm but tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the Cheddar cheese over low heat. Mix in broccoli. Allow the mixture to cool and thicken for approximately 15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture onto a large piece of wax paper.
5. Form the broccoli cheese mixture into balls and roll in the bread crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
6. For 5 minutes, deep fry the balls until golden brown. Drain on the paper towels.
1. After cooking, we calculated the oil’s nutritional value for frying based on a retention value of 10 percent. The exact quantity will differ depending on the time and temperature of the cooking, the density of the ingredients, and the particular type of oil used.
2. If you have no mini muffin pans, you can cook the freeform bits. Just grease the mixture onto the pan with a baking sheet and pour big dollops. Baking time is similar.
Per Serving: 440.5 calories; 47.5 mg cholesterol; 568.3 mg sodium; 17.6 g protein; 30 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.