Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 mins | Additional: 2 hrs | Total: 2 hrs 30 mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
It is a delicious summer salad that my broccoli-hating-children devoured in minutes. My oldest son refuses broccoli at any other chance, and he has offered this salad three times in the past month with that alone is enough to persuade me that this salad recipe is a winner. If that weren’t enough, then there’s the honest to goodness reality that I can’t get enough of this salad myself. I ‘d happily eat it just about every day if I could. Try this Broccoli Salad with Red Grapes, Bacon, and Sunflower Seeds, and enjoy with your family and friends.
(8) slices bacon
⅓ cup sunflower seed kernels
(1) large head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
⅓ cup diced red onion
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp white sugar
(1) pinch ground black pepper to taste
1. Add and place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble (7) slices of bacon, add and mix with sunflower seeds in a resealable bag.
2. Combine the broccoli, onion, and grapes in a bowl.
3. Crumble remaining bacon slice. Add and whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl, fold in a slice crumbled bacon. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat evenly. Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and refrigerate for flavors to blend for 2 hours.
4. Sprinkle bacon-sunflower seed mixture over salad before serving, mix well.
1. Stick to the red grapes with raisins and apple cider. However, you can use chopped pecans or toasted sliced almonds instead of sunflower seeds.
2. Make sure to add the crumbled bacon and sunflower sees right before serving time. In that way, the bacon and sunflower seeds stay great and crunchy, which enhances the overall texture and flavor of the whole dish.
Per Serving: 326.7 calories; 20.5 mg cholesterol; 382.4 mg sodium; 6.3 g protein; 12.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.