Prep: 15mins | Additional: 15mins | Total: 30mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
Bruschetta (pronounced as Bru-Sketta) is an Italian snack or appetizer, eaten before dinner. It is known as an antipasto in Italy. Whoever has been to Italy will know that Bruschetta is a staple menu found in every restaurant. Since the Bruschetta is of Italian heritage, it has spread throughout the world and has a very simple preparation or recipe, it is available in numerous variations, as well.
Bruschetta is also a nutritious snack since fresh tomatoes are in it. 1/4th of a medium-sized tomato eaten in Bruschetta consists of just (6) calories and small amounts of fat. It also contains trace quantities, folate, and fiber, of vitamins A, C, and K. So Bruschetta is a healthy appetizer, perfect for those who are on a quest to combat obesity. It is essentially perfect for everyone who wants to stay safe. I watch what I eat, and this helps me a lot whenever I’m busy. I hope you’ll make a version of this recipe for Bruschetta Salad.
(6) Roma (plum) tomato
½ pound Cheese, mozzarella, part skim milk
1 cup Toasted Onion & Garlic Bagel Chips
½ cup Basil, fresh
(½) red onion
¼ cup olive oil, extra light
3 tbsp Regina Red Wine Vinegar-50 grain NB
(2) large cloves Garlic, raw
1 tbsp dried basil leaves
(1) pinch Salt, table
1. Add and combine tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, bagel chips, basil, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, toss until evenly combined. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes until chilled.
1. A super basic salad is a great foundation for all the salad mix-ins and extras you want.
2. I added mozzarella cheese to my salad, but you can use feta or parmesan cheese.
3. Does Vegan? Skip the cheese choice and add some extra vegetables.
4. Make it more bruschetta by adding toasted bread or croutons to the mix.
Per Serving: 434.1 calories; 36.3 mg cholesterol; 746 mg sodium; 19 g protein; 31.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.