One of my big baking thrills recently was cheesecake. It is one of my favourite desserts to make. It was hard to keep on, I had so many new flavours and ideas in my head. You can only do a lot of things, but cheesecake is something that you should not forget to make.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 2 1/2 hours
Serves: 12-14 slices
2 1/4 cups (302g) Oreo crumbs
4 tbsp (56g) salted butter, melted
24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (207g) sugar
3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
3/4 c (173g) sour cream, room temperature
1/2 cup (140g) peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 c (12 fun-sized bars) chopped Butterfingers
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
PEANUT BUTTER WHIPPED CREAM
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
2 tbsp (35g) peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat to 325 degrees F (163 degrees Celsius). Place a springform 9-inch (23 cm) pot with a paper of parchment and grate the sides.
2. Combine the ingredients of the crust in a large bowl. Press the blend into and up the spring-shaped sides of the saucepan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes and set aside.
4. Cover the pan with aluminium foil on the outside so the water can’t get in from the water bath. Set ready to smooth the cup.
1. Lower the oven to 300 ° F or 148 ° C.
2. In a large bowl, combine with a full blend of cream cheese, sugar, and meat at low speed. Make use of low speed to lessen the cause of cracking caused by the air in the batter. Bowl’s sides scrape down.
3. Add the savoury cream, peanut butter, and vanilla extract and mix well with low speed.
4. Add eggs one by one and then mix slowly, then combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary to ensure all is well combined.
5. Mix the chopped butterfingers well.
6. Pour the batter into the crust uniformly.
7. In another larger pot, put the springform pot inside. Roll the exterior pot with sufficient warm water to go up the springform side about halfway. The water should not be placed on the springform pan above the top of the aluminium foil.
8. Bake it for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Check the centre, if it is jiggling then you’re on the right track
9. Turn off the oven for 30 minutes and leave the door closed. The cheesecake keeps cooking but slowly starts cooling.
10. Open the oven door for 30 minutes so that the cheesecake keeps cooling slowly. This helps to avoid cracking.
11. Remove from the bowl and oven the cheesecake and cool until firm, for 5-6 hours or overnight.
12. Take the springform pan and put it on a serving platter when the cheese is cool and firm.
13. In a heat-proof bowl, put the chocolate chips to make a chocolate ganache.
14. Microwave the heavy whipping cream, then pour it over the chocolate chips until it just begins to boil. Allow 2-3 minutes to sit and then whisk smoothly.
15. Spread the ganache over the cheesecake and spread it evenly.
16. To make the flavoured cream in a large mixer bowl and whip high speed until stiff peaks are formed add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, powdered butter, and vanilla extract.
17. Sprinkle with a chopping Butterfinger, then pip the cream whipped around the edge of the cheesecake.
18. Cool the cheesecake until ready to be served. If well stored and eaten, the cheesecake will last within 3-4 days.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.