Many confuse Buttermilk pie with cheese pie but this custard-like pie is unique in its way. With just a few key ingredients, mixed wonderfully together, you can create your next family’s favourite!
This recipe is a very simple and delightful dish that is very easy to make and pleases your taste buds. I remember craving it when I was pregnant, my husband found some leftover pie shell and buttermilk in the fridge. He was so into it and I must admit it was so good! He was very proud and I was feeling superb. Cravings satisfied!
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
3 large eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 9-inches unbaked pie crust
How to Make Buttermilk Pie
1. Mix sugar and butter until well blended. Make sure not to over-mixed because butter and sugar may separate. If well blended, it will give you a fluffy light yellow mix consistency.
2. Beat eggs one at a time until the mixture is smooth and nice.
3. Add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, salt, and flour.
4. Mix in the buttermilk until thoroughly combined.
5. Prepare a baking sheet with foil. The foil will catch any overflow.
6. Place the pie shell on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Fill in the pie sheet with the buttermilk mixture just until the top of the sheet.
8. Pour any remaining mixture into an ungreased custard cup.
9. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
10. Bake pie for an hour and ten minutes. The pie should turn a nice golden brown. It is done when a knife inserted comes out clean.
11. Finally, remove the baked pie from the oven and let it set just until almost cooled.
12. Buttermilk Pie is best to serve when it is just still warm.
13. You can store any leftover Buttermilk Pie in the fridge. Only if there is any left!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.