Cabbage is known for its nutritional benefits, it is rich with dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, and Manganese. This recipe is good for both adults and children, very easy to make and healthy. The taste and flavor of the cabbages give freshness to the one who is eating it. You can’t go wrong when eating healthy foods.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
4 cups of water
2 large heads savoy cabbage
1 cup of water
2 onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
¾ cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
½ pound pork sausage
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon white sugar
1 (26 ounces) can condensed tomato soup
1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
8 bay leaves
1. Carefully wash rice. Mix 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of water in a medium bowl. Cover, cook for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed, reduce heat and cover.
2. In the meantime, with a thin, long knife, remove the core from the cabbage. Insert 1 cabbage into a lid-proof microwave container. In the container, place the cabbage and add 1/2 cm of water, and then cover and microwave for 10 minutes on full power. Turn the cabbage carefully over and cook for another 10 minutes. If the cabbage is already cooked, let it cool enough to handle. Carefully separate leaves, remove any hard ribs. Similarly, cook the second cabbage.
3. Split in half the chopped onions. Cooking only until transplant (do not brown) half of the onions in 3 tbsp butter. Mix cooked rice and uncooked rice, cooked and uncooked onions, boiled beef, pork sauce, garlic, dill weed, salt, black pepper, sugar together in a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
4. Sprinkle on every cabbage about 2 tbsp of mixture. Put one end of the cold leaf over the mixture, roll, and tuck to avoid a filling.
5. Process condensed tomato soup and tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Pour the mixture of tomatoes over the rolls of cold until just covered. Put 4 bay leaves in each dish on top of sauce. Cover with aluminum foil each plate tightly.
6. Bake for 2 hours in a preheated oven of 350 F (175 ° C). Once you’ve cooked, remove the dishes from the oven before removing the aluminum foil, and let it cool for 15 minutes. Serve hot. Serve hot.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.