These cookies are the best way to take out the forks in place of your fingers and yet enjoy a simple treat in springtime. Carrot cake cookies with pineapple are beautifully moist, filled with spice flavor, and garnished with a smooth and tangy frosting of cream cheese. This simple recipe from scratch comes together quickly and easily – baked as a sheet cake, no fancy decoration is needed.
For the Cookie Dough:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained but reserved the juice
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the Frosting:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp juice from canned pineapple
1. Preheat oven at about 190 degrees C (375 degrees F). Grease 4 layers of cookies lightly.
2. Whisk together in a mixing bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
3. To make the cookie dough, pound one and a half cup of butter, shorten, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large pot, along with an electric mixer. In the butter mixture, add 1 egg and then add the second egg and vanilla. Blend until only mixed into the flour mixture. Fold in crushed pineapple, carrot, raisins, and walnuts and blend them uniformly just enough. Drop the heaping teaspoonful over the prepared bakers to create two inches of space between the cookies.
4. In a preheated oven, bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Enable it to rest for 1 minute on the baking sheet before being removed to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make the frosting, gently spread cream and a tablespoon of butter in the bowl using an electric mixer. Add the sugar and pineapple juice. Beat until there are no lumps. Spread the cooled cookies and allow the cooled cookies to dry before storage.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.