Prep time: 15 min | Cook: 45 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
This Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole is penne pasta tossed with cooked chicken and creamy sauce, then overlapped with cheese and completely baked. Classic comfort food that is great to feed a crowd. My family loves a fine, hearty pasta dish such as Parmesan chicken pasta, seafood pasta, and this ultra-creamy, decadent alfredo chicken. Nobody can avoid all this melted gooey cheese. This Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole is a hearty dinner choice that will surely impress your friends and family.
This Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole takes on a classic recipe and transforms it into a cheesy masterpiece that will surely delight. There’s nothing like a warm creamy dish straight out of the oven coated in bubbled cheese.
(3) eaches skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
(1) (8 oz) package penne pasta
(½) (16 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken into a pot and cover with water. Let it boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear for about 15 minutes.
3. Put a large pot of finely salted water to a boil at the same time. Add the penne and cook, stirring occasionally until the bite is tender but firm for 11 minutes, then drain. Drain the cooked chicken and cut it into bite-size pieces.
4. Place chicken, noodles, Alfredo sauce, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, milk, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix well. Then, add and pour it into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Add and layer the remaining mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese on top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until melted and bubbly in the preheated oven.
1. The Alfredo sauce can be cooked up to 2 days beforehand. You can also use a high-quality refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce from the grocery store if you are short of time.
2. You can use any medium pasta that you like, such as rigatoni, fusilli, or farfalle.
Per Serving: 467.5 calories; 86.2 mg cholesterol; 693.4 mg sodium; 30.8 g protein; 32.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.