Prep Time: 15mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Serves: 4people
Juicy chicken blanketed with melted cheddar cheese over a bed of creamy rice and veggies. This one-pot dish is yet another excellent casserole recipe to keep. A must-try Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole that your whole family will love!
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup or Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas)
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 small or 2 large cuts in half crosswise)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
How to make Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: In a 11x8x2-inch baking dish, combine the soup, water, rice, onion powder, and vegetables. And season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Add the chicken over the rice mixture.
Step 4: Place inside the preheated oven and bake, covered, for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout and the rice is tender.
Step 5: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
Step 6: Allow the casserole to sit for at least 10 minutes. Stir and serve. Enjoy!
1. To make this Alfredo, use broccoli florets in place of the veggies and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan instead of Cheddar cheese. Then, mix 2 tbsp Parmesan into the soup and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chicken.
2. You can use Campbell’s® 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup and low-fat cheese to make this lower fat.
3. Have this Mexican, substitute the onion powder and black pepper with a teaspoon of chilli powder and use Mexican blend cheese in place of the cheddar.
4. For the Italian variety, use a tsp crushed Italian seasoning in place of onion powder and black pepper. And 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan instead of Cheddar.
5. Adjust the rice to a cup and water to 1 1/2 cups when cooking on a stovetop. Then, in a 12-inch skillet with a tbsp oil, cook the chicken until brown. Take the chicken out, then, pour in the same skillet the soup, water, adding in the onion powder and rice. Bring to a boil before adjusting the heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes, covered, or until the rice is tender. Add in the veggies, stir before topping with chicken. Sprinkle over the cheese and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, covered, or until the chicken is done. Season accordingly.
Calories: 455 – 1 serving
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.