Prep time: 15 min | Cooking: 1 hr 15 min | Total: 1 hr 20 min | Servings: 12
It checks all the boxes on a hot party dip for me. It’s relatively cheap and easy to make, but perhaps more importantly, it’s great hot, warm, or room temperature. It’s incredibly versatile too, and I can think of two-dozen things off the top of my head that would be great in this recipe.
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
(2) green bell peppers, diced
(1) onion, diced
(4) cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1 tsp ground black pepper
cayenne pepper, to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Add and place ground beef, bell pepper, onion, garlic, flour, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a heavy pot.
2. Place the pot over medium-high heat. Break up and stir the mixture as it heats. Cook and stir until most of the moisture have evaporated, and the mixture is crumbly and begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, mix it well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium. Stirring occasionally, cook it for 45 minutes until the mixture is thick.
3. Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
4. Transfer mixture to the oven-proof saucepan. Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese on top. Poke cheese down into the dip with a fork, stirring lightly, then add the remaining cheese on top.
5. Add and place the pan under broiler; broil until cheese is browned, and the mixture is hot and bubbly about 5 minutes.
1. You can use 2 cups of water if you don’t have the chicken broth.
2. Instead of under the broiler, you can finish this dip in a hot oven (425 degrees F (220 degrees C)). And you shouldn’t be serving this as a baked dip. Just leave it on the stove, at low, for guests to dig in.
3. It perfectly goes well with baguette slices.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 832 mg sodium. 11.6 g carbohydrates; 19.2 g protein; 11.7 g total fat; 67 mg cholesterol
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.