Prep time: 15 min | Cooking: 40 min | Total: 5 min | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
This Americanized version of Marsala, a variant of the traditional Italian Scaloppine, is addictive. It is no surprise that it is one of the most ordered chicken dishes in restaurants. Try this Chicken Marsala Over White Rice, and enjoy this with your family and friends.
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups of water
1 cup all-purpose flour
(1) pinch salt to taste
(1) pinch ground black pepper to taste
(1) pinch dried oregano to taste
1 lb skinless and boneless chicken cutlets, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter, divided
(1) clove garlic, minced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
½ cup Marsala wine
½ cup chicken stock
1. In a saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and let it simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid is absorbed for 20 to 25 minutes. Set the rice aside.
2. Whisk flour with salt, black pepper, and oregano in a large bowl. Press the chicken breast gently into the flour mixture to coat, and shake off the excess flour. Add mushrooms, and cook and stir for 10 minutes until it turns tender and release its liquid.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil and a tbsp of butter over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside and golden brown outside for 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain cooked chicken on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. In the same skillet, melt remaining tbsp of butter over medium heat while scraping up any brown bits with a spoon. Stir in garlic, then cooks and stir until fragrant. Add and season with salt and black pepper, then stir in Marsala wine and chicken stock.
5. Transfer the chicken back to the skillet, then spoon the sauce over the pieces of chicken. Increasing heat to medium-high heat and bringing to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes more until the sauce thickened. Serve the chicken over cooked rice and sauce.
Per Serving: 562.4 calories; 84.5 mg cholesterol; 197.1 mg sodium; 32.8 g protein; 66.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.