Prep: 15min | Cook: 1hr | Total: 1hr 15min | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
This recipe for Chicken, Spinach, and Cheese Pasta Bake is the one dish that I enjoy the most. It has a great filling and is a hearty meal for a cold winter night dinner. The thick, melted cheese, savory noodles, and spinach are combined to make a lovely dinner. Usually, there are no leftovers of this dish at home, but they say leftovers are even better when eaten the next day.
This recipe not only looks good to serve in a casserole dish, but it also makes the whole house smell moist and inviting. Always perfect for bringing this recipe to new moms or someone who’s sick and wants some cheering up. I have to tell you this is one of my favorite recipes to make when we have a company over. Try this recipe for Chicken, Spinach, and Cheese Pasta Bake, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (8 oz) package penne pasta, dry
1 tsp oil, olive, salad or cooking
(1) onions, raw
3 cups cooked chicken meat
(1) (14 oz) can Italian Styl Rdy Cut Tomatoes In Jce-Cnd-Cup SW
(1) (10 oz) package Spinach, raw
(1) (8 oz) package Cheese, cream
1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until tender yet firm to the bite for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
3. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook and saute onion in hot oil until tender for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Combine penne pasta, onion, chicken, diced tomatoes, spinach, and cream cheese in a baking dish until the cream cheese melts and coats everything. Add and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pasta mixture. Use an aluminum foil to cover the baking dish.
5. In the preheated oven, bake it for 30 minutes. Take the foil away and continue baking for 15 minutes more until heated through and the edges start to brown.
Per Serving: 544.2 calories; 34.2 g protein; 53.2 g carbohydrates; 85.3 mg cholesterol; 331.9 mg sodium; 34.2 g protein; 53.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.