Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 10 min | Additional: 1 hr | Total: 1 hr 30 min | Servings: 7 | Yield: 14 mini tacos
Wontons are small morsels of ground meat wrapped in a wrapper made from wheat. They ‘re still dainty, appetizing, and the best food ever. Finally, a dish that makes use of chicken from the ground, but not so far-fetched. To save time, I bake the wonton wrappers and remove most of the fat. For the extra flaky shells, folded in a triangle for about a minute on each side, you can fry wrappers in sesame or olive oil, even if it takes time. The healthier version was extremely pleasing to me. Top cilantro, red onion, or sweet onion tacos, if needed. Serve with lime wedges.
(⅓) head red cabbage, sliced and chopped
(4) small carrots, peeled and grated
¼ cup coleslaw dressing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 pound ground chicken
¼ cup stir-fry sauce
14 eaches wonton wrappers
1. In a bowl, mix cabbage, carrots, coleslaw dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, and teriyaki, then refrigerate until flavors blend for an hour to overnight.
2. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Cook and stir the ground chicken, for 5 to 7 minutes, in the hot skillet until brown and crumbly. Add stir -fry sauce, cover the skillet, and reduce heat to low, and simmer.
4. Form wonton wrappers into a taco shape and arrange between the cups of an inverted muffin tin.
5. In a preheated oven, bake for 4 to 5 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Spoon chicken mixture about 2 to 3 tbsp into each wonton taco shell, and then top it with slaw.
1. You can use chicken breast or turkey to substitute the ground chicken
2. You can substitute red cabbage with green cabbage.
3. If you don’t have coleslaw dressing, you can use plain yogurt. Also, you can use olive oil if you don’t have sesame oil.
4. Use red pepper flakes for spicy options.
Per Serving: 244.5 calories; 43.8 mg cholesterol; 754.8 mg sodium; 17.7 g protein; 21.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.