Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking: 1 min | Additional: 12 hrs 4 mins | Total: 12 hrs 20 mins | Servings: 24 | Yield: 1 9×13 inch pan
This recipe for Eclair Cake is an old fashioned icebox cake with layers of graham crackers, cookies, and frosting chocolates. A simple recipe for no-bake dessert. A chocolate eclair cake is an easy one, and the chocolate eclairs resemble no-bake dessert.
Honestly, this recipe is a blessing in disguise. We were planning on celebrating Mother’s day at home because my grandmother is coming to visit. As we were preparing the list of food to serve, I told her that we should buy a cake since granny loves that. My mom told me not to bother because we are going to make it ourselves. So the night before Mother’s day we made this cake. Given that you don’t need to bake this cake, it was so easy.
1 (16 oz) package graham crackers
(2) (3.5 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups of milk
(1) (16 oz) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
(1) (16 oz) package prepared chocolate frosting
Fill the bottom of a 9×13 inc baking pan with graham crackers. Combine the milk and vanilla pudding in a large bowl, mix as directed on the box. Fold the whipped topping. Spread a layer of pudding mixture over the graham. Alternate graham cracker and pudding layers up to the top of the pan. Cook the prepared frosting for a minute over half power uncovered in the microwave. Pour on top of the cake. Refrigerate before serving for at least 12 hours.
1. You can substitute vanilla pudding with chocolate or cheesecake pudding.
2. There are many combinations of flavors you can choose from, and experiment with it. I have seen people who use strawberry pudding with strawberry frosting, or cheesecake pudding with strawberry frosting, and still tastes good.
3. It doesn’t take long to prepare this dessert, but it certainly takes time to set it up. You can make this the night before you serve it.
Per Serving: 265.1 calories; 3.3 mg cholesterol; 287.2 mg sodium; 3.1 g protein; 40.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.