With or without a special occasion, you will not get over this gorgeous, super-rich, and delicious cake! Serve it as is or with vanilla topping (I always like mine with vanilla on top), either way, it is still undeniably the best cake you’ll ever taste! It has a perfectly moist texture, an impressive strawberry buttercream frosting, a cake that’s soaked in Kahlua, and drizzled with ganache. I’m sure you’ll never run out of excuses just to have a slice of this beauty.
3 cup flour
3 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup special dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup of warm water
1/2 cup Kahlua
1/2 tsp espresso powder
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting ingredients
2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
6 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
5-7 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
Strawberries for topping
1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
Large ice cream scooper
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 large squeeze bottle
How to make Chocolate Kahlua Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
1. Ready the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees. Spray three 9-inch cake pans with pam baking spray.
2. Place the espresso, Kahlua, and warm water in a small bowl. Whisk until combine.
3. With your stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Gradually add the eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, espresso, oil, and vanilla extract. Combine and divide the batter between 3 pans.
5. Put in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
6. Cool the cake for 20 minutes.
1. Use a stand mixer to cream the butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, diced strawberries, and heavy whipping cream. Combine until creamy and stiff.
2. Place 1 cup of frosting into the piping bag.
To build the cake
1. Put 1 layer of cake onto the cake board.
2. Scoop 4-6 scoops of frosting using an ice cream scooper. Smooth evenly on the cake.
3. Place another cake layer on top and frost with the remaining frosting.
Chocolate Ganache Directions
1. In a small pot, heat the heavy whipping cream until it is steaming.
2. Put the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
3. Pour the chocolate chips over the heated heavy whipping cream. Sit for one minute, then whisk until smooth.
4. Now, pour the ganache into the squeeze bottle. Pipe dollop over the edge of the cake.
5. Place strawberries on top of the frosting.
6. Slice a piece. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.