I am so impressed by this recipe! I tried it 2 days ago and I’m so glad that I did! Don’t let the number of steps stop you from making this incredibly amazing treat. It may be a lot of steps but I promise you that it’s not that difficult to follow. The aroma and the taste is definitely worth the time and effort. I know you are gonna love it!
2 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup butter (I use salted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14-ounce can)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco)
How to make Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters
1. In a large skillet, put about 2 1/2 cups of pecans. Turn the heat to medium-high and toast the pecans. Stir until the color turns slightly dark and the smell is amazing. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
2. Line with parchment paper 2 large cookie sheets. Apply cooking spray and group the pecans leaving 1-inch spaced apart between groups.
3. In a saucepan, add 1/2 cup of butter and turn the heat to medium-high until the butter has melted. Add 1/2 cup of light corn syrup, 1/2 cup butter, 7 ounces of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 cup brown sugar. Stir until the heat turns to about 235-240 degrees. Remove from the pan. This will caramelize the mixture then add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
4. Drizzle with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of caramel on each group of pecans. Do this right away as the caramel will begin to become hard.
5. Pour about 12 oz of milk chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Put in the oven and heat for about 30 seconds while stirring occasionally.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening solution into the melted chocolate and leave it for 2 minutes. This will allow the chocolate to spread even more and it will help melt it. Stir until well-mixed.
7. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted chocolate on top of the nuts and caramel.
8. Let it sit for about 10 minutes or more to set the chocolate. When the texture becomes hard, you are ready to serve! Place the leftovers in an airtight container to preserve that amazing taste. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.