Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 min | Total: 50 min | Serving: 12 | Yield: 1- 9 inch square pan
We all know baking is all about science, but there are still moments when it just seems magical. Pudding cakes are a good example of the magic of baking. This great pudding cake is flavored with a high dose of cinnamon and a mix of other ingredients. The taste is marvelous. And the soft texture is likewise perfect. In addition to being sinfully delicious, this cake is one of those recipes of the “old-fashioned” kind that uses basic ingredients and is easy to produce. This cinnamon pudding cake at its finest is real down-home comfort food.
(2) cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
(1 ¾) cups packed brown sugar
1 ½ cups water
2 tbsp butter
½ cup chopped walnuts
(¾) cup apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
1. Preheat oven to about350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Add and combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In the center, create a well and pour in the milk. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
3. In a saucepan, add and combine brown sugar, water, and butter. Bring it to a boil and in the pan, pour over batter. Sprinkle with nuts and chopped apples on top.
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm.
1. The star here is cinnamon, so make sure to use a nice one. Choose strong-flavored cinnamon, or it may get lost a bit in the cake. I suggest increasing the amount of cinnamon in the cake if you are using less strong cinnamon.
2. We also laid a dollop of whipped cream over our cake. Another delicious choice will be the vanilla ice cream. Yet this cake is pretty good on its own.
Per Serving: 327.1 calories; 6.7 mg cholesterol; 188.4 mg sodium; 3.7 g protein; 67.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.