I’m a coconut lover of all things and it’s pure decadence. Coconut cakes possess a remarkable tendency to improve and strengthen the longer they rest. It gets better and better with this coconut cream sheet cake the longer it sits, making it perfect for entertaining and holiday events in the future. I can make this cake only when I am amused because it tempts me beyond my reach.
1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup of water
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 (14 oz) can sweeten cream of coconut
1 (14 oz) can sweeten condensed milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Prepare a 9×13 inch pan with grease and flour.
2. Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and coconut flavors, in a large bowl. Beat and pour into a 9×13 inch pan for 2 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes or until clean comes out a toothpick inserted into the cake.
3. Combine the coconut cream and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. When cake gets out of the oven, using a large fork or chopsticks to poke holes into it in even rows. Pour over the milk mixture, allowing it to soak inside the cake. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
4. Whisk cream into a large bowl until soft peaks are formed. Add sugar and keep whipping until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with flaked coconut on top.
1. You can use my white buttermilk cake if you like having this cake absolutely from scratch. Upon baking, adopt the recipe from the stage of the poking hole on top with a skewer or a wooden spoon handle.
2. It can sound odd because, as soon as they come out of the oven when dry, poke cakes are filled and the creamy goodness of coconut can saturate the cake. It is what makes this very tasty coconut cream cake.
3. It is necessary to allow the cake to cool fully before frosting, after pouring the rich filling onto the cake.
4. I frost this cake with a cream cheese frosting, but you can use fresh whipped cream or frozen whipped topping instead if you want a shortcut.
5. They can make this cake up to 3 days in advance. With each passing day, the flavor seems to get better and better.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.