A slice of this heavenly delicious coconut cream pie cheesecake will leave you wanting for more!
4 cups coconut cookies, crushed finely
10 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
For the Cheesecake filling:
5 large eggs, room temperature
1 15 oz can coconut cream
4 8-ounces packages Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup toasted coconut to top
whipped cream to top
How to make Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake
1. Prepare the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a spring form pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
3. Using a blender, blend cookies, and pulse well. Add butter and sugar and mix well.
4. Pour crust mixture in a pan. Using the back of a measuring cup, tap mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan. The mixture is enough to go halfway up the sides of the pan.
5. Bake for 13 minutes. Once done, set aside to cool.
6. Now, reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
7. It is important to tightly wrap the pan with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil because this will help to prevent water from seeping into the pan.
To Prepare Cheesecake Batter
1. Blend well the eggs and coconut cream for about 1 minute.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter until smooth and creamy. Then, add this to the egg-cream mixture and make sure to thoroughly beat until smooth.
3. Once the mixture is set, add the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and beat for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into the greased spring form pan and place it in a roasting pan. Make sure that it is large enough to prevent the sides from touching.
5. Place in the oven and slowly and carefully pour in enough hot tap water to reach halfway up the sides of the spring form pan.
5. Bake for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until the cake is light in color. You may want to insert a knife or toothpick in the center of the cake to check doneness. Once inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean, you know the cake is ready.
6. Now, remove from the water bath and carefully peel the aluminum foil from around the pan.
7. Cool the cheesecake at room temperature for about 4 hours.
8. Once cheesecake is cooled, place in the refrigerator uncovered and chill overnight.
When you are ready to serve. Top cheesecake with toasted coconut and whipped cream.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.