Prep time: 15 min | Cooking: 10 min | Additional: 55 min | Total: 30 min | Servings: 6
Breaded and fried bacon would certainly set the mood for a great summer of sunshine, country music, and a company of quality. This recipe for Country Fried Floured Bacon is a must-try, and you should not waste your time thinking whether you should or not, I guarantee that it is worth your time. Enjoy this recipe with your loved ones.
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
1 ½ cups half-and-half cream
2 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ pinch white sugar
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut bacon strips in half, and place it into a shallow dish with the half-and-half, crisscrossing the bacon in a star pattern. Soak bacon a minimum of 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. This step helps reduce the curling of the bacon during frying, tenderizes it, and adds a wonderful flavor.
2. Add and stir together the flour, salt, pepper, and sugar in another shallow dish until blended; set aside. When the bacon has finished soaking, remove it from the half-and-half, and shake off the excess. Press each of the pieces into the flour mixture to coat, then set aside. If desired, you can place a sheet of wax paper between the rows of bacon once the plate is covered. The flour does a decent job of stopping the bacon from sticking with each other.
3. In a deep skillet, add and heat the vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Cook and fry the bacon in batches for 2 to 3 minutes until browned to the perfect amount of crispness. Then, drain on a paper towel.
1. Instead of half and a half, you can use whole milk. Use1 to 2 cups according to the size of your slices of bacon.
2. Before continuing, I would recommend you make sure you have a thick cut standard bacon. This recipe is not going to work the same way with a flimsy piece of fatty bacon.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 696 mg sodium. 34.9 g carbohydrates; 15.3 g protein; 25.1 g total fat; 50 mg cholesterol.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.