Before we get there, let me be the first to warn you, no one has any idea why the cookie is named “the cowboy cookie.” Some believe that it is hard enough to endure long west days while others say that the recipe came from Texas, where cowboys appear to be prolific. They say cowboy cookies were born in the 1800s and were a delight for cowboys to eat while on the road, like an old fashioned candy bar. Now, there’s little or no proof in any way that this is real. After all, it was not until 1938 that they invent chocolate chip cookie itself. Cowboy cookies prove to be a tasty treat. This recipe takes cookie dough from a baking type and incorporates coconut flakes in chocolate chips, oats, sliced pecans. Just be careful, these cookies are hazardously addictive, and eating only one is tough.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups unsweetened flake coconut
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven at about 350 ° C.
2. In a cup, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Beat butter in a big bowl with a medium speed electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Beat in sugar slowly, and mix until combine.
4. Add eggs one at a time, after each beating. Add and beat in vanilla
5. Add and stir the flour mixture until mixed. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecan to taste.
6. Pour 1/4 cup dough on unfrozen baking sheets for each cookie, spaced 3 inches apart.
7. Bake until the edges are brown slightly for 15 to 17 minutes; rotate the sheets halfway through. Remove from rack to cool the cookies.
If you don’t have pecans or prefer them to pecans, walnuts are a perfect substitute. The pecans are slightly sweeter with a smooth texture. Also, almonds are a decent choice.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.